Simply Valet - Manager, Sales & Customer Service
Simply Valet is a London, Ontario based Valet Self Storage business working out of the historic Kellogg’s factory.
Similar to traditional self storage facilities Simply Valet offers customers the flexibility of drop off or pick up from our Simply Valet associates. This service offering eliminates the need to borrow vans, trucks, or friends to travel to a storage facility.
Coming in on the ground floor, the successful candidate will be focused on sales and customer service with a goal to fill the self storage space, maximize revenue, and ensure a quality customer experience, while building the Simply Valet brand.
What you will do?
- Sell storage space to meet client requirements.
- Promote and sell packing, moving supplies, and ancillary services.
- Provide ongoing assistance to clients in their use of storage spaces. Troubleshoot customer issues.
- Coordinate, schedule and dispatch carriers and Simply Valet staff
- Manage Simply Valet staff and day to day workload and operations
- Work closely with the Director of Operation, Director of Digital, and the Accounting team to effectively run the day to day business.
- Regularly monitor the property and rental units and while ensuring the property remains clean and accessible.
- Update client accounts.
- Collect and prepare information for daily reports.
- Always provides outstanding customer service.
- Greet customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Understands and is knowledgeable about Public Storage products and services and communicates them effectively to customers to address their needs.
- Listens and responds to phone inquiries from new customers inquiring about storage or existing customer concerns or challenges, follows up on website reservations by reaching out to the customer via phone or email. All of this is done while maintaining courtesy and professionalism with every interaction.
- Sells merchandise and insurance, seeks customer online reviews and participates in other corporate marketing programs.
- Assists the Property Manager in reaching the facilities individual merchandise, occupancy and delinquency goals and promotes Public Storage best practices.
- Controls delinquencies through regular phone contact, notifications, including email and letters.
- Maintains manual and operations logs for petty cash, postage, merchandise counts, reservations, NSF cheques, etc. and completes daily bank deposits and filing as needed.
- Outgoing customer oriented professional who has excellent communication skills in person and on the phone.
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Have the ability to use positive language while building relationships with new clients
- Proficient computer skills (MS-Office, keyboarding and internet savvy)
- A valid driver’s license and daily access to a reliable vehicle. Travel between locations required.
This is a full-time position, with a Base Salary + Commission.
Please apply directly to Kurt Strikwerda with your resume and cover letter in one file: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Drexel, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your information was successfully submitted